Friday, November 6, 2009

The final countdown

I am too much of a last minute person for my own good or my own health.

I spent so much time doing research on The Jukskei project that I didn't leave enough time for production. I get so carried away with finding out info because I love research, that I don't always leave adequate time for the crafting of my work. I almost feel I did too much work and spoke to too many people.

Although my Bruma Lake story is almost done! Yaaaaaay!

 But I am still anxious because Monday 9 am is the final deadline. How do I always finish everything at the last minute? I don't start it at the last minute but I always get it all finished 5 seconds before deadline. My poor nerves and heart and housemates who who have to live with this wide-eyed panicked looking girl.


This is how my next four days will go: I am editing a sound clip on Bruma today and finishing my written piece. Then after work tomorrow, I edit my video with Alistair because we didn't finish it on Tuesday and then on Sunday I finish editing my sound for my audio slide-show about the graslands near the Jukskei. I have so much audio and I have no idea how I am going to fit 40 minutes of speaking into one 3 minute piece.

It is probably easier to edit work if one does less. I am somewhat overwhelmed by all my material. I have too much of it!

But this project has been fun and I know I made the right choice to study Journalism and it makes moving my life to Jo'burg worth it even though I miss home and my old salary terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment